How to contribute to twittering-mode
Recommended way is to fork on GitHub. Visit there and click 'fork' button.
Of course you can clone the git repository in the ordinary way:
git clone git://github.com/hayamiz/twittering-mode.git
How to create patches
We recommend to follow these steps:
- Pull the master branch(
- Create a topic branch and make some modifications.
- Before sending a patch, rebase the topic branch to the master.
- Now it's ready to post your patch. Send a pull request on GitHub (if you have forked) and write a mail to twittering-mode ML.
Rebasing a topic branch
Posting your patch
All your voices should be sent to twittering-mode ML.
If you find some bugs in twittering-mode, please send a mail with detailed information to twittering-mode ML:
- Platform (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, ...)
- Kind of Emacs and its version number (GNU Emacs, XEmacs, Carbon Emacs, ...): you can check it by
- What you wanted to do, what you actually did, and what happened.
- Any other information you think it's important.
If you have enough time, please try to reproduce the bug in a minimal environment. You can launch Emacs without loading any scripts by
emacs -Q. This saves our time so much :)
Feature requests and others
Join twittering-mode ML and let's talk!